Kathryn Hallett at Hallett Law in Angaston gives Barossa people access to an experienced lawyer that puts your needs first. Whether you are an individual or a business, your matter will not get lost in a queue; a common issue in large law firms.
I invite you to meet with me to discuss your needs and experience a modern legal service.
I aim to provide you with timely and affordable advice that is reliable, practical and suitable to your business needs.
I have experience relating to:
- Commercial contracts
- Corporations law
- Business structuring
- Consumer protection
- Sale and purchase of business
- Intellectual property, such as copyright and trademarking
- Licensing and franchising
- E-commerce, website development and design
- Insolvency and bankruptcy; and
- Partnership disputes.
I have experience in ‘non-court’ dispute resolution, such as mediation and my aim is to, if possible, use these processes at first instance to avoid the expense, distraction and uncertainty surrounding litigation.
When facing a legal issue in the workplace, whether you are a business or an individual, it’s important to get expert advice as quickly as possible. I can help you with:
- Contracts of employment
- Unfair dismissal and adverse action
- Harassment, bullying and discrimination in the workplace
- Industrial action and union relationships
- Modern Awards and enterprise Bargaining
- Business transmission
- Redundancy and restructuring; and
- Employment policies and procedures.
I have experience in advising both businesses and individuals within the retail, banking, manufacturing, construction, mining, financial services, technology and health care industries. I also have experience in assisting people within government entities, both within the State and Federal jurisdictions.
When family relationships become strained, it’s important to find a legal service that has experience in helping you find a suitable solution to the problem.
I can help you with matters relating to:
- Divorce or separation
- Child custody and living arrangements
- Financial settlements
- Property settlements
- Child Support and maintenance
- Child welfare
- Family mediation
- Surrogacy and IVF; and
- Child relocation and Hague Convention.
I recognise that these sensitive matters need to be treated in a respectful and confidential manner. When speaking with me, you will find a person that you can depend on for sound advice and professional support.
WILLS & ESTATES:
While we don’t like to think about life ending, it is important to decide what will happen to your assets, just in case. Decisions such as who will manage your financial well-being and personal health are crucial to ensuring your assets are left in the right hands in case you lose the ability to manage them yourself.
As such, I can assist you with:
- Asset protection and estate planning
- Drafting your Will and Testament
- Contesting a Will
- Family trusts
- Power of Attorney, Guardianship and Advance Care Plans
- Probate and Estate Administration; and
- Testamentary Trusts.
I pride myself on providing expert advice on these sensitive matters, and strive to help you understand the law when it comes to making complex decisions, which often arise during the planning process.
CREDIT MANAGEMENT & DEBT RECOVERY:
I offer expert advice and service on:
- Preparing credit applications and director’s guarantees
- Preparing terms of trade and invoice documentation ensuring enforceability and compliance with legislation
- Letters of demand
- Debt collection services
- Enforcement of judgements and securities
- Debt agreements; and
- Bankruptcy and winding up.
I can also act for you if you, individually or as a business, are in financial difficulty to ensure that you deal with all of your matters on the best commercial terms possible.
Call Kathryn to book an appointment on 0452 614 454